We are back for the summer term and have secured a date for all our students that want to take a LAMDA (London Academy of Dramatic Arts) awards. This term all students will be given the opportunity to take a Verse and Prose examination, Musical Theatre or Acting monologue to learn from the LAMDA syllabus. Sting is a recognised LAMDA centre that has been teaching and providing examination for nearly 10 years with a 100% pass rate to date.
EXAM DATE: Saturday 17th June. ( A time slot be be given by the exam board closer to the time, this cannot be changed)
VENUE: Saint Nicholas School, Hobbs Cross rd, Old Harlow, Essex CM17 0NJ
Here are some rules:
- All children must learn the poems / acting pieces given by heart. They must announce the title of the piece and the author before delivering this to the examiner.
- If you child is taking Stage 1 Verse & Prose they must also take in the poem printed with a Toy to have a discussion with the examiner.
- If your child is taking Stage 2 Verse & Prose they must also take in the printed poem and a Picture /photograph to have a discussion with the examiner.
- If you child is taking stage 3 Verse & Prose they must also take in the printed poem and a book of their choice to have a conversation with the examiner.
- If your child is taking Entry and Grade 1 -3 they must take in a contrasting poem into the exam room and know both pieces by heart, these must also be printed.
- Fees and forms must be returned and paid before 3rd May. And payments or forms made after this will not be submitted to the exam board.
PLEASE SEE BELOW THE STAGES AND POEM TITLES.
- My Hat
- Mix a Pancake
- The Red Boat
- Sounds Good!
- My Puppy
- Did You Ever Play Tag With a Tiger?
- Hello! Hello!
- Down Behind the Dustbin
- To Catch a Fish
- The Folk Who Live in Backward Town
- Hot Cross Buns
- There isn’t Time
- Room with a View
- The Backward Bus